VirtualHorror Con: The world’s first virtual horror TTRPG convention, from the safety of your own screen, April 4-5, 2020.
VirtualHorror Con is a two-day virtual horror tabletop RPG convention that can be experienced on any screen no matter where you are. Many of your favorite events and conventions have been canceled, but that doesn’t mean you have to miss out on the convention experience. This event will give fans and players the opportunity to connect with the game developers, artists, and publishers they love. No lines. Safe social distancing. Horror-themed actual play streams, live panels, and digital tabletop RPG one-shot sessions running the whole time!
All ticket and raffle sales will go to the COVID-19 Solidarity Response Fund for the World Health Organization to support the development of vaccines, tests, and treatments for the coronavirus pandemic.
To learn more, read the official press release.
Watch your favorite games getting played, learn more about running horror games and the work that goes into them, and listen to interviews with your favorite game creators.
Topics include: Running horror games, representation in gaming, humor and horror, LARPing, and much more!
Join in the fun and purchase a ticket to play in one of your favorite games, or try a new game!
All games are beginner-friendly, pre-gen characters will be provided, and we’re more than happy to help you learn a game you’ve never played before.
Vendor Hall/Artist Alley
Shop from the amazing vendors, artists, and game companies that helped make this event possible.
Many vendors are offering unique deals and discounts, so make sure you check them all out!
Code of Conduct & Anti-Harassment Policy
Despite being an online convention there are still some guidelines we need to adhere to in order to make VHC a fun and safe environment for everyone. If you have a question about a certain policy or guideline, be sure to read through all of our policies, but if that still doesn’t answer your question, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Code of Conduct
- Follow all Twitch/YouTube chat policies, rules, and mod directions
- Report concerns to a moderator
- Don’t harass anyone
- Respect everyone’s social boundaries
- No trolling or griefing
- Remember to eat, sleep, and shower!
Everyone should observe common sense rules for behavior, personal interaction, courtesy, and respect. Harassing or offensive behavior will not be tolerated. Gehenna Gaming reserves the right to mute, ban, or kick any viewer, or player from a game, without refund, if they are not in compliance with this policy.
VirtualHorror Con & Gehenna Gaming are committed to providing a safe environment where everyone is treated with dignity and respect. Harassment or unwelcome conduct, whether verbal, visual, or in any other form, is strictly prohibited. VHC’s anti-harassment policy applies to all persons involved in the operation or attendance of the convention or related event. VirtualHorror Con & Gehenna Gaming will not tolerate harassment of anyone by anyone, including participants, vendors, hosts, panelists, or staff.
VHC & Gehenna Gaming define harassment as any behavior that threatens a person or group or produces an unsafe or non-inclusive environment. Harassment includes, but is not limited to, offensive verbal comments or non-verbal expressions related to gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, or religious beliefs. Harassment also includes, but is not limited to, sexual or discriminatory images in public and quasi-public spaces (online and offline), intimidation, stalking, following, harassing photography or recording, sustained disruption of talks or other events, inappropriate physical contact, and unwelcome sexual attention. Harassment may take the form of comments, epithets, slurs, jokes, teasing, display or discussion of written or graphic material, repeatedly standing too close to or brushing up against a person, or giving gifts of an unwanted or sexual nature. Advocating or encouraging any of the above is also considered harassment.
Harassment at VHC does not include respectful disagreement or critique offered in good faith. VHC & Gehenna Gaming reserve the right to alter or broaden its definition of harassment at its sole discretion.
No one should tolerate any conduct of this type. Should you experience or witness harassment, you may choose to take any of the following actions:
- If you feel safe and comfortable doing so, ask the offender to stop. Whether the offending behavior is intentional or unintentional, expressing your discomfort to the offender directly often puts a stop to that conduct.
- Leave the chat or event. While this may be unfair to you, it is sometimes best for your safety and well-being if you to choose to leave the area, especially if you feel uncomfortable around the offender or their conduct. After separating yourself from the conduct, you may still choose to take additional actions.
- If you are comfortable doing so, ask a VHC moderator or team member for help.
- Report the incident formally to Gehenna Gaming staff. You may go to the website, Discord, or our Twitter to file an incident report in person. This can also be done anytime during or after the show by emailing email@example.com.
- Contact the appropriate authorities. Your health and safety are our most important concerns. If you require immediate assistance from law enforcement, medical services, or Twitch or YouTube support, please do not hesitate to contact such services directly.
Based on any informal or formal complaint or report of harassment, VirtualHorror Con & Gehenna Gaming may take the following steps. Note that this list is not exhaustive, and other appropriate action may be taken as necessary.
- Read and investigate all reports. Gehenna Gaming documents and reviews all reports. Reporting parties may be contacted for further clarifying information unless they have submitted a report anonymously or asked to not be contacted further. Note that Gehenna Gaming will not share the results of these reports with anyone, including the person who filed the report, unless required by law.
- Intercede if and when appropriate. Gehenna Gaming staff may take immediate action to address harassment concerns, including but not limited to refunding tickets, removing offenders from the event, or banning offenders from the show. Bans and removals may be on a temporary basis, for the duration of the show, or permanent.
- Contact police and medical authorities when appropriate. If, upon review, Gehenna Gaming finds that relevant local government officials should be notified, Gehenna Gaming may contact such entities and/or share confidential information as required by law.
- Sanction participants based on our investigations. Gehenna Gaming participants found to have violated the Code of Conduct may be subject to sanctions, including but not limited to:
- Verbal or written warning
- Requiring the participant to avoid any interaction with the party or parties involved
- Temporary suspension from any Gehenna Gaming sponsored events or online services
- Permanent ban from any Gehenna Gaming sponsored events or online services
- Immediate expulsion from the convention without refund
- Reporting of the incident to the appropriate authorities
VirtualHorror Con & Gehenna Gaming’s Code of Conduct applies in all online spaces within Gehenna Gaming’s control. This includes, but is not limited to, event channels, Gehenna Gaming social media pages, streamed programming, and Gehenna Gaming Discord servers. Occasionally Gehenna Gaming is made aware of behavior by participants (or potential participants) that has occurred outside of VirtualHorror Con—either online or offline—and is a gross violation of our Code of Conduct. These actions need not occur in VirtualHorror Con-affiliated spaces to be considered for sanctions by Gehenna Gaming. These include, but are not limited to:
- Individuals who have not attended VirtualHorror Con but have a history of abusive behavior and/or known incidents that took place outside VirtualHorror Con that may cause risks to a participant’s safety, or which may contribute to a hostile or non-inclusive environment at the convention.
- VirtualHorror Con participants who have been reported for outside incidents, including, but not limited to, conduct at other conventions, threatening or abusive behavior online, or assault.
We understand that, at times, participants will have disagreements or interpersonal conflicts that do not necessarily escalate to the point of harassment or abuse. Gehenna Gaming will not arbitrate such disagreements—we ask that you please leave these conflicts at home.
Gehenna Gaming continuously strives to create a safe and welcoming space. Should you have any suggestions for how we can improve, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
These policies have been modeled after and adapted from the Gen Con Code of Conduct and Anti-Harassment Policy.